A simple program that makes a life changing difference
FFE selects top performing students (based on their performance at the national and state level entrance exams) who come from financially constrained backgrounds and will benefit from the program. Once the financial need is verified by FEE’s Facilitator, the scholarship is awarded.
The primary focus of the Scholarship Program is to provide financial and other assistance to qualified students for their degrees in Engineering, Technology (BE/BTech) and Medicine (MBBS). Assistance is available irrespective of the applicant’s caste, community, gender or religion. Only academic performance and family income are eligibility criteria.
Academic Eligibility Criteria
The academic eligibility criteria for professional courses in engineering, technology and medicine are:
- Only the professional degree courses BE/B Tech, Integrated 5-Yr Dual-Degree M Tech and MBBS are eligible for scholarships.
- Only first-year applicants beginning their studies in BE, B Tech, Integrated 5-Yr Dual-Degree M Tech or MBBS in the academic year 2018-19 are eligible.
- The applicants should have passed their Higher Secondary/Pre-University/Intermediate/ CBSE/ISC or equivalent board qualifying examination not earlier than 2017.
- The applicants should have scored not less than 70% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The applicants’ admissions to their professional degree courses/institutions should be on the basis of the open/general merit rank awarded to them at the state or national level entrance tests or through a counseling process conducted at the state level (as in the case of Tamil Nadu), as per the table given below.
- The rank limits are based on the seat intake capacities of the various states as authorized by the All India Council for Technical Education for engineering/technology (BE/ B Tech) degrees and by the Medical Council of India for medical (MBBS) degrees in the year 2018-19.
Note: Diploma students admitted to BE, B Tech courses on a lateral basis, B Arch, BDS & B Pharma students are not eligible.
Eligible Ranks to their Professional Degree Courses/Institutions
Engineering and Technology (BE, B Tech) Courses
|Course Category and States||Maximum Eligible Rank|
|For students joining IITs, NITs and Institutes/States (Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Odisha, Uttarakhand and Nagaland) where admission is based on the JEE (Main) Rank (Overall All India General/Common Merit Rank – Not Category Rank)||75,000|
|For students joining IITs, the additional eligibility criteria will be the Cutoff Rank, at the JEE (Advanced), of the last ranked General Category student admitted to any of the IITs|
|Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh and Karnataka||5,000|
|Gujarat, Kerala, Rajasthan, Punjab, West Bengal and Chattisgarh||2,000|
|Bihar, Delhi, Puducherry, Jharkhand, Himachal Pradesh, Assam, and Jammu & Kashmir||600|
|Chandigarh, Goa, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Andaman & Nicobar Islands||500|
Medicine (MBBS) Courses
|Course Category and States||Maximum Eligible Rank|
|Applicants admitted based on NEET (Overall All India General/Common Merit Rank – Not Category Rank)||40,000|
Family Income Criteria
The gross family income criteria:
Rs. 2,50,000 per year (Rs. 2.5 Lakhs per year)
Note: Gross income refers to the income before deductions for taxes or other purposes.
In addition to gross family income, the education and occupation of parents as well as family members including elder brother(s) and sister(s), the family’s living conditions and the total expenses being incurred by the family on the applicant’s education will be taken into consideration for determining the financial eligibility of an applicant.
Applicants who are the first graduates of the family will be preferred over applicants who are the second or third child of the family taking up graduation.
- Salary/pay slip from the employer is mandatory.
- Details on his/her basic salary and all allowances and deductions are necessary in the pay slip.
- The employer and the facilitator should certify the salary/pay slip.
Note: Submission of an Income certificate from a local or other government authority in lieu of a salary/pay slip is not acceptable.
- Pension statement from the pension authority and/or from an authorized bank showing the gross monthly pension of the family member, inclusive of any supplementary allowances and before any deductions are required.
- Pensioners should also provide documents to show the official status or designation, gross salary drawn at the time of retirement and the name of the employing organization.
- If the parent/guardian has recently retired under a voluntary retirement scheme
- Reasons for retirement
- The number of lump sum benefits received on retirement should be disclosed.
- Income certificate issued by any government authority or the income tax return should be submitted in support of the gross family income specified in the application.
Note: Specific details of the nature and size of the business or self-employment should also be provided.
- An income certificate from a recognized or competent authority should be submitted.
- Details of the nature and size of the land holding crops grown, etc. wet or dry land irrigation should also be provided.