- Corporates encourage their employees’ philanthropy through programs that donate money and resources to the nonprofits that employees deeply care about.
Our corporate sponsors have funded the education of several FFE scholars under the “Adopt A Scholar” Program where students are matched to the corporate sponsor. Scholarship suppport combined with workshops, internships, skills training and mentoring by the corporate sponsor has deepened employee engagement beyond just financial assistance.
Employee Giving and Corporate Match
- Matching gifts sound like a pretty straightforward idea, and they are! Matching gifts are a great way for individuals to maximize the donations they make to nonprofits.
- Companies that implement matching gift programs will contribute to a nonprofit that an employee donates to, usually matching their donation at a 1:1 ratio.
- Some companies, however, will match gifts at up to a 4:1 ratio.
- Employees must submit matching gift paperwork either electronically or manually in order to take advantage of their employers’ matching gift programs.